The Importance of Plant Based Protein
What is Plant Based Protein?
- The main term of “plant based” is known as food that comes from plants such as vegetables, fruits, beans, whole grains and nuts
- Meanwhile, protein is a compound made from building blocks which is known as amino acids.
- Protein helps in repairing and growing back new cells and known as huge energy source in our bodies
- Plant protein is way more sustainable compared to animal protein.
- Plant-derived proteins are usually rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants .
What are the Benefits of Plant Based protein?
- Getting more plants in your diet helps in preventing cancer, diabetes and weight loss.
- Plant-based food is rich in fiber where it promotes good bacteria & smoother digestion
- Research in 2019 shows that a plant-based diet is linked to lower risk of cardiovascular disease and death from any cause in middle-aged adults
- The vitamins and minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidants in plants help in keeping all the cells healthy
- Helps in balancing the immune system where it helps in reducing the risk of having cancer.