As a part of Sphere Exhibits Malaysia’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative programme, MIFB 2019 will be opening its door for the first time to F&B start-ups from Malaysia to participate in the trade fair as start-up exhibitor. The Start-Up @ MIFB 2019 is organised by MIFB with joint collaboration of Kuala Lumpur Malay Chamber of Commerce (KLMCC), Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Kuala Lumpur & Selangor (KLSCCCI), Kuala Lumpur & Selangor Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KLSICCI)
Through an extensive vetting process a particular number of companies is expected to exhibit at the Start-Up @ MIFB Pavilion with a very minimal exhibit cost.
In addition to that, after selection, a limited number of companies will be shortlisted for a presentation pitch to connect with potential investors. This initiative serves as the onsite business matching platform between the start-ups and investors who are keen to invest in the latest innovative F&B service solutions.
Rules & Regulation to Participate:
The Start-up @ MIFB 2019 Programme is open to Malaysian companies and businesses that are related to Food & Beverage industry only.
- The participating Start-Up companies must be a Malaysian company represented from Food Technology, Food & Beverage, Halal Food or Seafood & Fishery Segments only, where their business must contribute to the growth of the Food & Beverage Industry of the nation.
- Applicants must be able to submit as below
- Form 9 – Certification of Incorporation of Private Company (SSM)
- Applicants for the Start-up @ MIFB 2019 Programme must be in business for less than 3 years from the establishment year/ year of registration or in operation.
- The Start-Up Company that is listed under any subsidiaries of MNCs is strictly not eligible to apply for this programme.
- The Start-up Company must have market-ready F&B products
- F&B products in prototype and development stages are not accepted for this application.
- The Start-up @ MIFB 2019 Programme Participant agrees to exhibit in Start-Up @ MIFB village at a very minimum exhibit cost. (Compulsory to exhibit)
- MIFB 2019 secretariat and the supporting chambers (Malay Chambers of Commerce Kuala Lumpur, Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Kuala Lumpur & Selangor, Kuala Lumpur & Selangor India Chamber of Commerce & Industry) have the final decision on the shortlisted start-up companies based on the program criteria.
Start-Up @ MIFB programme registration is closed.
In Collaboration with: