When researching upcoming trends that are about to influence the industry, food flavour companies must work upwards in advance.
The covid-19 pandemic has reached every part of lives and the flavours consumer crave are no exception.
Here’s what we found about the flavours that are expected to tickle out taste buds in 2021!
- Flavours for health and wellness
Focus on health and wellness is heightened, and consumers are looking to food and beverage to further their goals. Brands have an opportunity to combine healthy ingredients with comforting flavour profiles. To encourage innovation in the space, flavour houses are investing in botanical flavour extraction.
- Color trends as an innovation
Color trends have influenced flavor innovation. Flavors such as Sicilian lemon and Indian turmeric complement many trends, including color. Refreshing, uplifting flavors that are associated with well-being, like citrus, fruits and berries, are appealing good. Consumers will be more adventurous with their food and beverage choices. The product developers are expected to combine comfort foods with exotic ingredients, such as frozen desserts that pair chocolate with heat-inducing spices like cayenne or ginger.
According to a report on Asia Pacific Food Flavour and Enhancer Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026) :
- The increasing demand for foreign flavors and increased incorporation of herbs and spices as flavorings are driving the market.
- Another factor boosting the market is the innovation in the flavor market, various new flavors are being introduced to the market.
- Natural flavors have more demand over synthetic flavors, since synthetic flavors have many health hazards such as nausea, headache, allergic reactions, and dizziness etc.
To learn more in-depth about the Asia Pacific Region’s market growth in Food and Beverage Industry is convenient through MIFB Hybrid 2021 Trade Fair.
It’s a perfect platform for the food and beverage producers to acknowledge all the emerging trends & innovations and witness various products and services being showcased during the exhibition.