ABOUT FOOD TECHNOLOGY
The expanding global market consumer’s preferences are changing with the expose of a wider array of diverse, cultural specific foods. There is a rising demand in new flavours and taste following the increased multiculturalism. This innovative new generation of food products requires more creative processing techniques and equipment to allow industry players to duplicate and supply these foods on a commercial scale.
Malaysia’s total processed food contributed about RM18 billion and are exported to more than 200 countries, while import processed food totalled RM17.8 billion in 2015. The Government of Malaysia has identified the food processing sector as one of the critical industries for the overall economy and as a potential contributor to exports.
Held alongside with MIFB 2018, The 9th year of International F&B Machinery, Packaging & Services Solutions Exhibition (FoodTech 2018) will be welcoming the industry players with technological advances to come under one roof to showcase and foster business relationships with the right target market.
Market Drivers of Malaysia’s Food Processing Industry
- Positive business climate and the Government of Malaysia (GOM) incentives encourage investment in manufacturing both for domestic needs and export.
- Changes in consumer lifestyles, rising per capita income, increasing urban population raises demand for processed convenience foods.
- Increasing awareness of international food provides opportunities for food manufacturers to develop and introduce new food products.
- Established infrastructure, including cold storage and port facilities allows companies to establish supply chain.
- Modern retail sector offers pathways to complete supply chain and venues to display and market processed dry goods, and chilled and frozen goods, and perishables.
Source: Food Processing Ingredients Annual 2016
FOOD TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
EXHIBITS PROFILE: Automation, Data Processing, Controlling, and Regulation Technology Components, Assemblies, Surface Technologies, Accessories Conveying, Transport and Storage Installation, Logistics
- External Transportation Equipment
- Internal Conveying and Transportation Equipment
- Storage Facilities, Silo Plants, Tanks
- Transport and Logistics
Filling and Packaging Technology
- Carton Erecting, Filling and Sealing Machines
- Cleaning and Tempering Machines
- Closing Machines for Multi-pack Cartons
- Closing Machines for Unit Packaging
- Decorating Machines
- Equipment for Printing, Coding, Marking, and Embossing Packages
- Filling and Sealing Machines for Preformed Packages
- Forming, Filling, and Sealing Machines
- Inspecting and Checking Machines
- Labeling Machines
- Machines for Forming, Dismantling and Securing Load Units
- Multipack Carton Erecting Machines
- Packaging Material and Component Handling Machines
- Packaging Services
- Packing Aids
- Packing Materials
- Sorting Machines
- Special Protection Packaging Machines
- Weighing Technology and Systems
- Wrapping Machines for Multi-pack Cartons
- Wrapping Machines for Unit Packaging
Food Safety, Quality Management
- Analytical, Laboratory, and Measuring Equipment
- Hygiene Technology
Ingredients, Auxiliary Materials Operating Materials, Environmental Technology, Biotechnology
- Health and Safety at Work, Fire Protection
- Maintenance / Service
- Operating Materials
- Power, Water, Waste Water
- Waste Removal, Recycling, Environmental Protection
Packing Materials, Packaging, Packaging Aids Process Technology
- Aroma, Essence and Spice Technology
- Bakery Technology
- Basic Food Technology
- Beverage Technology
- Coffee and Tea Technology
- Dairy Technology
- Delicatessen and Convenience Food Technology
- Fish Processing Technology
- Fruits and Vegetables Technology
- Ice Cream Technology
- Meat Processing Technology
- Noodle Technology
Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Technology
- Refrigeration Plants
- Ventilation, Air-conditioning, and Heating Technology
Service Firms, Organisations, Publishers
*The above list is not exhaustive. It is intended as a guide only.