About MIFB 2017
The Malaysian International Food & Beverage Trade Fair (MIFB) has been serving the food industry as the F&B business hub for 17 years. MIFB continues to play its role as a platform for the F&B industry players to introduce, exchange, and learn about the latest innovation and technologies from around the world. Moving towards the 18th year, MIFB, Malaysia’s leading food & beverage trade event aims to bridge the business connection between Malaysia and the world. As the complete business suite for the F&B players, MIFB is to assist in the growth of F&B industry by providing products, services, valuable insights and knowledge for business venturing, from the inception to the growth phase, to international development.
Fast Facts About MIFB 2017
Show Title: MIFB 2017 – The 18th Malaysian International Food & Beverage Trade Fair
Nature: Annual specialised international trade fair (18th year)
Venue: Putra World Trade Center (PWTC)
Date & Time:
9 – 10 August 2017 10.30am-6.00pm
11 August 2017 10.30am-5.00pm
- Admission is by invitation or business registration only.
- Minors 18 and below will NOT be allowed for admission.
- All visitors must be in proper business attire. The organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to those deemed inappropriately dressed.
- Bermudas, shorts, slippers and singlets are NOT allowed for admission.
- Ministry of Agriculture & Agro-based Industry (MOA)
- Ministry of International Trade & Industry (MITI)
- Ministry of Rural and Regional Development (KKLW)
- Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI)
- Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE)
- Fisheries Development Authority of Malaysia (LKIM)
- Malaysian Exporters Association (MEXPA)
- Malaysian International Chamber Of Commerce & Industry (MICCI)
- Malaysian Association of Coffee and Tea Innovation (MACaTI)
- Malaysian Association of Hotels (MAH)
- British Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (BMCC)
- Malaysian Fisheries Society (MFS)
- Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia
- Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau
- Singapore Malay Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Working in line with the current food trend, MIFB 2017 will be setting the stage for Healthy and Natural Produce. The focus will be on Ready to Eat, Food Ingredients, Health and Organic and Halal Food.
PROCESSED & READY TO EAT (RTE)
Ready meals saw rising popularity amongst local consumers due to increasingly hectic lifestyle because of urbanisation. Ready to Eat Food Industry in Malaysia is a fast growing sector and an important source of income for the nation. Malaysia’s focus on improving Ready to eat food facilities has resulted in growth of ready to eat food in the country. Changing inhabitant’s perception, travelling and need for treated ready to eat food in the country have impacted the industry in positive ways.
With a population of 625 million consumers with changing tastes, ASEAN region is recognised by the industry and by leading market research firms as one of the major emerging markets for food ingredients and is increasingly influential in the supply of food and beverage ingredients.
HEALTH & ORGANIC
The increasing standard of life has resulted in the rapid development market for organic products in Malaysia. The organic business in Malaysia grows well and is well-supported by consumers. Currently, Malaysia is experiencing an established market for organic products as the demand comes from the health-concerned consumers.
The growing interest in the potential of the halal market has hastened the move towards the development of global standards. The growing global Muslim population estimated at 1.83 billion has further accelerated halal product and services development, and pushed the acceptance for halal standards among non-Muslims. The global market value for trade in halal food and non-food products is estimated at US$2.77 trillion annually.